Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Beginning My Journey

My adventure with Hashimoto's began almost a year ago when I was finally, successfully diagnosed by Dr. Sadeghi at Behive of Healing.  After years of communicating symptoms with several different doctors, I finally found one who truly listened and went beyond the standard blood tests (see previous post on Why I Started This Blog.)  He actually did a full thyroid panel and tested my TSH and TPO antibody levels. Finally, I had a diagnosis and the healing could begin!

One of the first suggestions that Dr. Sadeghi made was to read, The Autoimmune Epidemic so that I could understand the disease. Honestly, I found the book frightening  and stressful to read but it did outline all the different forces that come together to create Hashimoto's in the body.  For that reason, it is a valuable resource I can recommend.

What I learned from the book was that there are many forms of toxicity that create an autoimmune response.  A lot of this toxicity comes from the environment.  One thing the book suggests we check are our heavy metal levels.  I had mine checked and my levels for mercury and lead were off the charts.  So, the first part of my healing plan was to address the heavy metal toxicity.

Have you had your heavy metal levels checked?  What types of treatments were presented to you to get rid of the toxins?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your journey!
    How does one go about getting heavy metals checked?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Heavy metals can be tested with a simple urine test. You'll be given some supplements to pull out the metals which will come out in your urine and the lab will assess the levels. You just have to find a doctor who will order a heavy metal test. This is the lab my doctor used and the test that was given. I hope that helps! http://www.gdx.net/core/one-page-test-descriptions/Tox-Elem-Clear-Test-Description.pdf

    ReplyDelete

This is a forum for anyone whose life has been affected by Hashimoto's. We appreciate all supportive comments, inspirations and ideas. Please respect the community by using positive language in postings.

Kindly,
Healing Hashimoto's Naturally